Built & animated by: www.wimdejong.com

Drinking water

The disinfection and maintenance of domestic drinking water distribution systems in buildings, offices, factories, hospitals etc., can be problematic using traditional chemicals such as chlorine or even chlorine dioxide.
Nowadays, building water distribution systems have become synonymous with Legionella control.
To this effect building management services are using:
  • Warm water (>60oC) which can cause serious scalding and is expensive to operate.
  • Chlorine – ineffective against biofilm + resistance by micro-organisms + carcinogenic + bad taste
  • Silver peroxide – Toxic residual of silver-nitrate. Limited in time use (90 days or less per annum).
  • Chlorine Dioxide: Extremely toxic, expensive, affect taste of water. 

LOXYDE

  • Highly effective against biofilm* in which Legionella and other harmful micro-organisms hide and multiply.
  • Highly effective against Legionella and other micro-organisms
  • Breaks down into water and oxygen. No residues
  • Long lasting effectiveness even at low dosage level to prevent recontamination 1.
  • Contains no harmful metals such as silver-nitrate
  • LOXYDE is without smell, colour or taste.
  • Safe to use and easy to apply.


Biofilm removal with Loxyde
10 second disinfection with 1% H2O2
Biofilm removal with Loxyde
5 second disinfection with 0.1% LOXYDE

1 Please check local regulations with regards to continual dosage of a disinfectant in drinking water distribution systems.

* Biofilm: Consists of a layered culture of micro-organisms, growing on a submerged surface that they have created themselves, to protect them from outside influences. Micro-organisms in a biofilm are highly resistant and highly aggressive compared to the same species not originating from a biofilm. Biofilm can be responsible for up to 80% of disease!