The disinfection and maintenance of domestic drinking water
distribution systems in buildings, offices, factories,
hospitals etc., can be problematic using traditional
chemicals such as chlorine or even chlorine dioxide.
Nowadays, building water distribution systems have become
synonymous with Legionella control.
To this effect building management services are using:
- Warm water (>60oC) which can cause serious scalding
and is expensive to operate.
- Chlorine – ineffective against biofilm + resistance by
micro-organisms + carcinogenic + bad taste
- Silver peroxide – Toxic residual of silver-nitrate.
Limited in time use (90 days or less per annum).
- Chlorine Dioxide: Extremely toxic, expensive, affect
taste of water.
- Highly effective against biofilm* in which Legionella
and other harmful micro-organisms hide and multiply.
- Highly effective against Legionella and other
- Breaks down into water and oxygen. No residues
- Long lasting effectiveness even at low dosage level to
prevent recontamination 1.
- Contains no harmful metals such as silver-nitrate
- LOXYDE is without smell, colour or taste.
- Safe to use and easy to apply.